A life ambition
It's not unusual for our Team Willow challengers to take on the impossible. However, when we found out Cameron was planning to swim the channel we were truly in awe of him. I'd like to share a little more about the man behind the madness and his formidable fundraisers:
Cameron (the ambitious swimmer)
Cameron gives us some insight into his training, including breaks, food, and not wearing a wet suit...
- I will be swimming on my own except for a supporting pilot boat to assist navigation and insure my safety
- I have to stay in the water at all times but can stop every 30 minutes for food and drink
- Not wearing a wet suit sounds intimidating but so far training in waters of 16 degrees has really helped!
Ali and Louis (The London Social team)
If you have ambitious targets, organising a social event can be a great way to boost your fundraising. A pub quiz, a night in with friends, or a coffee morning are just a few ideas. Of course, if you're like Cameron, this means a Black Tie Ball with over hundred guests on the 28th floor of Millbank Tower, London.
Ali and Louis are Cameron's event team and responsible for making sure it's a night to remember. The London Social is committed to raise money for a charity that brings a smile to those who need it most.
Top tips for success - the five W's: why, what, when, where, who
- Having a great cause, like Willow
- A great personality like Cameron's,
- Avoiding crowded summer social calendars
- A venue with the 'wow' factor
- Guests willing to support you - whether it's out of pity for Cameron's craziness or in support of the incredible feat he's taking on
Willow is proud to support Cameron and to be the benefitting charity from his amazing challenge. Would you like to support Cameron? There are still tickets available for his ball this weekend. Find out more.
Cameron aims to successfully complete his crossing on the 24th September 2015 in less than 12 hours. We'll be sure to keep you posted on his progress.