Spreading hope and positivity
As you will know, in March Willow made the very difficult decision to put Special Days on hold. Over the following weeks our Special Day Makers made hundreds of calls to seriously ill young men and women to tell them that the day they had been planning and looking forward to for months would now be postponed.
People living with serious illness or recovering from therapy are at high risk from the virus and have been advised to stay home and shield. Many of the people we've been speaking to haven't been able to leave their home for weeks, except for treatment and hospital appointments and don't know when they might be able to go out again. We're devastated that we had to postpone the days of hope so many people had been looking forward to. But while we can't make Special Days at the moment, we can still create Special Moments.
That's why we've teamed up with the briliant Not Another Bunch Of Flowers to create Willow Positivity Packs. We've sent out hundreds of packs already and we've been incredibly touched to hear just what they mean to people.
- Just received my Positivity Pack and oh my God it’s amazing! Thank you so much! Full of gorgeous bits to keep us busy.
- Ihave just received the most wonderful box of goodies from Willow! I cannot say how much this means to me; we can have fun as a family while locked away from the outside world! Your kindness is very much appreciated. It is a difficult time, but I know we will come out the other side smiling.
- Wow is all I can say. Thank you for the package that got delivered today. The children and I will love doing the activities and eating the cake! Put a huge smile on my face and the kids.
- I've just opened the Positivity pack - thank you so much it's so sweet! Thank everyone involved for me please Thank you, it really is age appropriate for my three kids, so thank you for thinking of them! The chocolates with messages are lovely!
- Thank you so much for the amazing gift. It was so thoughtful and lovely of you. We will have a lot of fun with the activities.
- I'm just emailing because I received a lovely gift box this morning from Willow and just wanted to thank you and everyone else at the charity. As someone who of course is high risk so can't go out whatsoever, this was such a lovely pick me up, it's very much appreciated.
- What an amazing charity Willow is! I'm constantly blown away by your generosity and kindness!
You can see photos, videos and more on our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter channels! We're continuing to send out Positivity Packs in the coming weeks, so if you haven't received yours yet, please be patient with us!
Positivity Packs are only possible because of our amazing supporters. If you'd like to support Willow to create more Special Moments and make more magic memories, please give the gift of hope.