Willow accepts referrals for adults between the ages of 16-40 living with a life threatening condition.
To be eligible for support from Willow, applicants must be:-
- Aged between 16 and 40 years old (inclusive)
- Receiving active treatment for a life threatening illness, or within 6 weeks of final treatment
- Receiving treatment/care for a degenerative or palliative illness
- A resident in the UK
- Have not received support from Willow previously (includes Special Days and Special Treats)
The following groups listed below are eligible for support from Willow.
1. Life-threatening conditions for which curative treatment may be feasible but can fail.
Applications must be made whilst still receiving treatment. When treatment is completed, or during maintenance, Willow is no longer able to offer services.
E.g. Cancer, irreversible organ failure of heart, kidney and liver.
2. Conditions where premature death is inevitable.
There may be long periods of intensive treatment aimed at prolonging life and allowing participation in normal activities.
E.g. Cystic fibrosis, Duchene muscular dystrophy.
3. Progressive conditions without curative treatment options.
Treatment or care is exclusively palliative and may extend over many years.
E.g. Batten’s disease, metabolic conditions, Huntington’s disease
4. Irreversible but non-progressive conditions causing severe disability leading to susceptibility to health.
E.g. Severe cerebral palsy, multiple disabilities such as following brain or spinal cord injury.
Important – Only certain types of support from Willow may be available to specific groups from the list above at different times. For the latest information about how we are prioritising our services please check our application page.