Willow provides Special Days for seriously ill 16 to 40 year olds. To be eligible for a Special Day you must be:
- aged between 16 and 40 (inclusive, on the date we receive your completed application form)
- be resident in the United Kingdom
- not already had a Special Day with Willow - unfortunately we are only able to provide one Special Day per person
- be receiving treatment for a life-threatening(*) illness on the date of application
This includes, but is not limited to, cancer, motor neurone disease, cystic fibrosis and Huntington’s disease.
NB: * Life threatening may include:
- those in palliative care
- those in the advanced stages of progressive degenerative conditions
- severe muscle wasting diseases
- neurological conditions
- organ failure
- undertaking active treatment for a curative condition. (Please note that active treatment excludes maintenance therapy.)
If you are unsure if you are eligible for a Special Day or would like to discuss an application, please speak to the Special Days team on 01707 259 777.
Please Note: Whilst we will always strive to fulfil the request of every eligible applicant, the number of Special Days we are able to provide at any time is limited. Therefore eligibility does not guarantee that we will be able to arrange a Special Day.