November 28, 2023
Hybrid working – Minimum 40% of working time to be spent in the office based in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire. Includes occasional local, regional and national travel.
Position: Medical Advisor
Reporting to: Special Days Director
Direct reports: N/A
Salary: £38,500 per annum full-time equivalent (£15,400 pro-rata)
Hours: Part time (15 hours per week)
Location: Hybrid working – Minimum 40% of working time to be spent in the office based in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire. Includes occasional local, regional and national travel.
Assessing the eligibility and suitability of Special Day applications. To provide medical support, knowledge and advice for the charity.
• Assessing Special Day applications for the purpose of determining eligibility of applicant and suitability and safety of Special Day choice
• Providing medical support and advice for the purpose of delivering Special Days effectively
• Maintaining relationships with medical professionals and organisations involved in referrals for Special Days
• Communicating verbally and in writing with individuals and organisations for the purposes of answering queries about the service, troubleshooting, arranging Special Days and promoting the charity and its services
• Contributing to the development and implementation of the Willow medical strategy
• Coordinating volunteer support within the Special Days team as needed
• General administration and reporting of information relating to referrers and Special Days
• Undertaking projects and working with other departments in the charity
• Ensuring medical data is recorded accurately and updated as required
• Undertaking training and development to increase own skill set
• Supporting Special Days Director and undertaking other responsibilities that may be required from time to time
• Takes initiative and makes decisions whilst acting within agreed guidelines and protocols
• Able to cope with an environment where hearing distressing personal circumstance is commonplace
• Communicates with individuals and organisations in a calm, patient and respectful manner
• Takes pride in striving for and achieving excellence
• Challenges status quo and contributes positively to change
• Demonstrates willingness to develop new skills and take on new responsibility
• Adopts flexible approach to work responding to different challenges
• Works successfully as part of a team
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent listening skills
• Excellent ability to manage workloads and conflicting priorities
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent team working skills
• Highly organised
• Highly resilient
• Good information analysis skills
Knowledge and experience:
• Proven medical experience, a practicing or retired medical professional.
• Knowledge of and experience of working with life threatening illness, including palliative care.
• Experience with neuromuscular/metabolic/genetic conditions (desirable).
• Knowledge and experience of analysing information and making recommendations in a care or service delivery setting.
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org