"Knowing I am helping other families by making my community aware of Willow’s work is such a great feeling."
Chris, Willow Champion
Volunteers are the heart and soul of Willow. We can’t thank you enough for choosing to support Special Days and hope that you decide to join our amazing team of Willow Champions across the UK.
So, what is a Willow Champion?
Willow Champions are incredible people, like you, who go that one step further to support Willow. A Willow Champion will spread the word in their local community (and beyond) and is committed to raising lots of money so that one day we can offer a Special Day for every seriously ill young adult in the UK.
What does a Willow Champion do?
There are hundreds of different ways that Willow Champions support Special Days, we’ve listed just a few of them below…
- Placing collection tins in their local area and regularly collecting and banking the money raised
- Gathering names to receive Willow’s newsletters
- Delivering talks about Willow to local groups, businesses and schools
- Raising money to fund more Special Days
- Promoting Willow in their local press and on the radio
Why become a Willow Champion?
- You want to help Willow grow as a national charity and fulfil more Special Days
- You will receive support from Willow HQ, access to training (where appropriate) and be part of the Willow Champions community
- Tea parties to black tie balls, local fetes to sporting events – choose the fundraising ideas your local community want to support
- Being a Willow Champion is fun and you will be part of a network of Willow Champions across the whole of the UK.
Ready to become a Willow Champion this year? Complete our online pledge form or download below: