Gift Aid is a government led scheme that allows charities and community groups to claim back from HMRC the tax paid (25%) on donations they receive from individuals.
- Am I eligible?
If you are a UK tax payer and will pay enough in tax that we will claim back you are eligible. For example if you donate £10 over the tax year you must pay £2.50 in tax. Understand that if you pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in that tax year it is your responsibility to pay any difference.
- How can I sign up?
We must hold a written Gift Aid declaration from you, with your full name and address details including the post code. You can download a Gift Aid form below or complete the form online.
- Do I need to do anything else?
No, as long as you complete the form, we can claim gift aid on all of your donations, for the past four years, and in the future, meaning any donation you give to Willow will be worth 25% extra at no extra cost to you.
Complete your form online or download below and send to:
Gift Aid, Willow, Gate House, Fretherne Road, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire AL8 6NS
Please notify Willow Foundation if you:
- Want to cancel this declaration
- Change your name or home address
- No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains
If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.
Are there any exceptions?
For sponsored events, there can be some restrictions on which sponsorship can be Gift Aided. Sponsorship payments cannot be Gift Aided if:
- You (the fundraiser) are receiving a substantial benefit from taking part in the event, e.g. travel or accomodation or any fundraising incentives
- If your donors qualify as a 'connected person' to you (the fundraiser), e.g. wife or husband, civil partner, a relative, husband or wife of a relative or a company under the control of the donor or connected persons
If you have any questions, please contact the fundraising team on email@example.com